Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Progress!

Slowly but surely, we are making progress on our house! My Aunt Cathy has decided to give us the best wedding gift EVER and help clean and paint our home...she just started on Monday (without running water!) and already has made our house look more like our home :).

If you'll recall, our previously taupe and sky blue kitchen...

And now, our new and improved kitchen walls!

The lighting isn't great...but TRUST me...it's a phenomenal improvement. Our living room will be painted this color as well..."Big Boy" blue by Valspar. Or maybe it's "Blue Boy". I can't remember.

Also, no more ugly wallpaper in our half-bath downstairs...



This bathroom is going to be a very light tan...I'm thinking about adding some very subtle horizontal stripes!


We will be painting tomorrow and Friday, so many more updates to come!



In wedding-related news, we had a "couples bar-b-cue shower" on Saturday. It was a lot of fun spending time with our family and friends, eating some delicious Kelly's bar-b-que, drinking from our homemade redneck wine glasses, listening to some country music, and watching the Tigers beat the Terps :).

Waiting to open our gifts...my MO is ready to go!

Kissing pigs



I can't believe we are getting married in only 51 days! This year has just flown by. More updates to come! Hope you'll be able to enjoy some of this beautiful weather over the next few days :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Song request for the wedding? Want to tell me about your day? I would love to hear from YOU!