Wednesday, July 27, 2011

exciting news!!

My family went to eat dinner with my Nanny (that's what we call my Dad's mom) last week. We stopped by her house afterward to try to help her fit queen-sized box-springs in the back of her Expedition. You're probably thinking to yourself, "that ain't happenin'". You're right. It ain't. Once Nanny accepted her defeat, she started showing us the MASSIVE amounts of furniture that she inherited from a friend who passed a couple years ago. Nanny doesn't have a place to put everything, so guess what?! She decided to donate to the Bo-and-Lauren-are-broke-and-need-free-furniture-fund (if you're interested in donating, please E-mail me). We are walking away with these treasures: (not actual photos, they closely resemble the items Nanny is giving away)

2 beautiful leather arm chairs

Open-top China hutch (circa 1970s/80s)
Question time: would it be a crime to have the arm chairs reupholstered? I think the brown leather, although very clean and nice-looking, is a little too harsh for our house. Any DIY advice for this? I have a feeling paying a professional would make the project not worth it. Or would it? I love some of these fabrics for the project:





I think the first and third options are my favorites! How do you think they would look with this living room scheme?

The paint color is by Behr at Home Depot. I love the clean white panels and wainscoting against the blue for our walls. The pillows and slip covers are actually from Target; we are registered for the slip covers as well as the floor lamp and vases. So many options...I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I'll tackle my ideas for the hutch tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I think it might be very costly to reupholster the leather chairs. Have you thought about having slipcovers made for them? I've seen some really cute ones with a short skirt. You could stencil a big "C" on the back. Also, I've seen curtains made using drop cloths from Lowes. If you do a search on drop cloth curtains, you will see some good examples. They also use them to make slip covers.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Song request for the wedding? Want to tell me about your day? I would love to hear from YOU!